Blog Archive

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Making a sketch book # 3

After you punch holes in each of the signatures, it is time to sew it all together. You will need to decide if you are going to sew them to the cover of your book. My book is going to be very casual, so I decided to sew my signatures to a wide piece of card stock, and then attach that to the book's cover. IF you want to sew yours to the cover, mark the inside of your cover the same way you marked your signatures. You should make sure to center the little template you made, leaving equal room at the top and the bottom. Then, poke holes in the cover too. You could use a nice color for your "thread," like yarn, or twine to make your sewing decorative.




I have a single row of holes in my template, because my book is made of very lightweight paper. So I sewed each signature to my card stock with a running stitch, then sewed again through all the signatures with a back stitch.I used a regular sewing thread because my paper is so light.Here you can see the card stock I used to sew the signatures together. T





You can see that the spine does not look so neat, but the pages are bound together well, and the sewing looks neat in the inside.

Now, I used a combination of glue and double sided tape to attach the card stock to the paper.Lastly, I cut two piece of card stock just a 1/4 inch smaller than the cover, and glued it over the insides of my cover to make a nice finished look.Done!



SEE YOU AGAIN!




No comments:

Post a Comment