Blog Archive

Thursday, January 28, 2016

How To Begin Making Greeting Cards Step By Step # 3

This is (obviously) the third step in a series for the beginner crafter/card maker. If you want to start at the beginning, go here:

How To Begin Making Cards #1

After adding the paper hearts to the front of the card and penciling in a little greeting, I decided it was a bit plain. So I grabbed a bit of sparkle from a Wink of Stella Brush pen. My collection of greeting card equipment is frankly, ridiculous! I am likely to tell you I love each one of my gadgets (I DO), and these Stella brushes add a subtle glow to projects. They allow you to be very precise when using them. They are quite expensive, but if you want to give them a try, you can find them here:

Wink of Stella at Amazon

If you have any glitter, feel free to add it in! Remember, if you don't like the way it turns out, IT's ONLY PAPER!



  I'm really starting to like this card, are you liking yours?

And now to add the front greeting! I can't resist:



I'm thinking of  adding some clouds, but for now, I need to think about the inside. I like keeping lots of room on the interior of cards for writing, but sometimes a saying is the best way to go!
There are many ways of adding sayings to a card. If you are stuck for a greeting, there are, of course lots of sites listing free sayings. Here are two:

Goodreads

Quotescoop


SEE YOU SOON!



No comments:

Post a Comment