Welcome to LizzysPaperPlace! Today is the first day on my journey into the blogosphere! Here you will find tips and tricks for the crafter, the artist, and the beginning explorer. You will find tutorials, photos, links and more!
Let me tell you a little bit about my journey into the world of crafting. It all began with reading a book ! A friend recommended Betty Edward's Drawing on the Right Side of The Brain. Before this book, I had always wished I could draw, but was frustrated with my efforts. After doing Betty's exercises, my drawing progressed from kindergarten style stick figures to fully realized drawings I could be proud to show to others!
An art class showed me that recycled newspaper and a pencil with an eraser was all I needed to begin to create. A week long gathering of artists I attended several years in a row gave me the courage to play with different mediums.
For several years now, I have carved out time to work in paper. Making paper, drawing, painting, origami, calligraphy...everything using paper ! I am now combining all these in the making of my greeting cards and party banners! This is my third year creating cards, and I learn something new every day!
I hope this blog will encourage you to explore crafting, too.
You can find my products at Facebook , at LizzysPaperPlace.
No comments:
Post a Comment